Monday, February 20, 2017

A definate goal

In my last post there was a word that passed the spell check but it was actually one misspelled by me and I was very much ready to edit the post. Curiosity stayed my hand when I looked up the mistake and learned its meaning. I decided that it could stay. Remember this.

There is a purposely misspelled word in today's title. I think it may be one of the most misspelt words in the English language. I have even seen teachers with advanced degrees do it a slight injustice.
I am sure that you have noticed it. But I will not let it overshadow the more important word.
Goal.

The new year is 51 days old and I now have a goal for 2017. My sister and I have entered a sprint triathlon again. We have begun training, starting with the swimming. Each visit to the pool for lap swimming, we are pushing each other to do more lengths. This is my strongest leg of the triathlon. I'm not extremely fast but I'm very comfortable in the water. We will also will be adding cycling to the training program and for me, the run is a walk since my jog is just about as fast as my walk. I suppose that the cycling part is my weakness. Maybe I will look for a spin class. Will definitely be doing some riding on the road before mid June.

We did this same event last year. Trish was in a different age group. We both medaled. Not terribly difficult since there aren't that many individuals in our age group competing. We were just happy to finish.The award was added bling. But still, a definitely nice reward.

This year, we are in the same age group. We are competing against each other. And that's okay because my goal is again, really just to finish. If I can better my time, that's an added plus. I am hopeful that my knee and my hip will cooperate and not complain so much during the training, and I can accomplish this goal. I am realistic, too. It could be a not so pretty finish for me. Either way, there is definitely a lovely and cold beer waiting to be enjoyed afterwards. This is even a better reward!

And now, what was that not so wrong word in the last post?
If you like, leave a comment for me if you definitely know what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment