Monday, November 4, 2013

Trip of a Lfetime?

One of the challenges of being the advanced age that I have now attained is comfortably moving around. Anywhere. Physically. Mentally. Technically.
I have begun a new blog. My last one was from 2011. I posted the new blog in the old one. Sigh. Ok, my fix is to print the new blog. And retype here. Problem solved. Yes, I'm sure there is an easier way. But, I did it my way (apologies to Frank) and it worked.

Trip of a Lifetime?
Somehow, in the past few years, I zoomed from 50 to 60 in something like a nano second.
As I crawl even further over the hill and enter the dark side called 60+, I find myself wondering what that number really means, besides discount day at the store. There is longevity in my family. My father recently passed away in his 89th year, leaving behind myself and two sisters, and also his 90 year old sister and 94 year old brother. Some of those longevity genes are a part of me, too.
There is the saying that the 60's are now the new 40's. And there is the one that says, you gotta use it or lose it.
So, I am embarking on a new adventure, moving more to find what was lost and (also to lose what was found!) and hopefully, turn back the clock as I journey.
I have signed up to do a sprint triathlon.
The big event takes place June 15, 2014.
I am beginning training now.
Come along for the swim, the ride, the run, if you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment